Carrick LEU S NO441226 1 20m
apud Currock 1627 RMS viii no. 1127 [see Strathburn LEU, below]
apud Currock 1643 Retours (Fife) no. 648 [see Strathburn LEU, below]
Carrick 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn [at the site of OS Pathf. Angus Cottage]
Carrick 1900 x 1949 OS 6 inch 2nd revision
‘Bog’; its later form has been affected by Carrick AYR. See Strathburn LEU, below, for more discussion. OS Name Book describes it as: ‘A small row of Cottages on the farm of Strathburn ... with small vegetable garden attached, occupied by agricultural laborers [sic]’ (44, 24).
It is now known as Angus Cottage, the name-change effected during the twentieth century (before 1984, when it appears as such on OS Pathf. 352).
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4