Wester Kinnear

Wester Kinnear KLM S NO400227 1 352 25m SEF

    in occidentali villa de Kynner c.1250 NLS Adv. MS 34.5.3 fo 7r. [14th c.; printed as Balm. Lib. no. 16; see KLM Intro., above]
    (Andrew Kinloch in) Westir Kynnere 1519 Fife Ct. Bk. 151
    (Andrew Kinloch in) Kynnere 1519 Fife Ct. Bk. 155 [note no affix]
    Litill Westir Kynneir 1530 x 1542 NAS C2/28 no. 471 [see Kinnear KLM]
    Westir Litill Kynneir 1530 x 1542 NAS C2/28 no. 471 [see Kinnear KLM]
    lands of Littill Kinneir c.1560 s Assumption, 58 [set to Andrew Kinloch paying £10, rental of Balmerino Abbey]
    Little Kinneir 1654 Blaeu (Pont) East Fife
    L<ittle> Kinneir 1654 Blaeu (Gordon) Fife
    W Kinnier 1775 Ainslie/Fife
    Little Kinnear 1827 Ainslie/East Fife
    W. Kinnear 1828 SGF
    Little Kinnear 1845 NSA ix, 550 [‘the next farm to the west (of East Kinnear)’]
    Wester Kinnear 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn

Sc wester + en Kinnear

Wester Kinnear, also known as Little Kinnear, and in one document as Little Wester Kinnear, as well as Wester Little Kinnear, formed the core of the lands granted out of the lands of Kinnear to the abbey of Balmerino in the mid-thirteenth century. See KLM Intro., Kinnear, above.

This place-name appeared in printed volume 4