Scroggieside FGN S NO402267 1

    Scrogysyde 1654 Blaeu (Pont) East Fife
    Scrogie Side 1828 SGF
    Scrogieside Farm 1841 Census Record
    Scroggieside 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn

Sc scroggy + Sc side

‘Hill-side characterised by the presence of brushwood or scrub (scrog)’.

    The settlement of Scroggieside retained its name until 1964, when house-names were replaced by street-and-number identification. It then became 27 and 29 Riverside Road and 1 and 2–4 North Terrace.[235]

This place-name appeared in printed volume 4