Mountflowery # FLK S NO279197 1 130m
Mountflowery 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn
This may be a transferred name from Mountfleurie SCO (PNF 2; now part of Leven). It is probably the settlement which appears on earlier maps as Ramoth Gilead (q.v.). Described as: ‘Three rows of cottages one story high, and in good repair, with gardens attached. Occupied by weavers. The property of Joseph Murray Esq. of Ayton’ (OS Name Book 41, 32). The three rows of cottages are shown, but not named, on SGF (1828).
There are no buildings marked here on modern maps.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4