Dominie’s Den ~ FLK R NO3021 1 351
Dominie’s Den 1888 x 1914 OS 6 inch 1st revision
Sc dominie + Sc den
‘Schoolmaster’s den or valley’. Flisk school (still marked School on OS Explorer 2001, but now converted into a dwelling-house) stood on the road at the head of the den. The name does not appear on OS 6 inch 1st edn (1855), but the school was in existence by that time, when, according to the OS Name Book (41, 31), it had a head-mistress, Miss Ramsay, and an average attendance of 30 pupils.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4