Grange Of Lindores

Grange Of Lindores ABE S NO254165 1 362 80m

    vill<a> nostr<a> qui dicitur Grangia 1479 Lind. Lib. 19 [summary in Lind. Cart. p. 297; Andrew abbot of Lindores let to Chalmers family, father and son, each an eighth of lands of ‘our vill which is called Grange’ in parish of Abdie]
    octave partis de Grange 1564 x 1567 RMS iv no. 1787
    Grange 1590 x 1599 Pont MS 54B
    terras et baroniam de Grange de Lundoiris 1600 RMS vi no. 1032 [see ABE Intro., Monastic Lands]
    (William Spens in) Grange de Lundoris 1609 RMS vii no. 65 [bought Inchrye ABE from David Balfour]
    Grangis de Lindoris 1617 RMS vii no. 1721 [‘3 acras de Grangis de Lindoris vocatas Keiggishoill, Chopmaniscroft, Eister & Vester Cunnyngharis’]
    Grange 1654 Blaeu (Pont) East Fife
    Grange 1654 Blaeu (Gordon) Fife

Sc grange + Sc of + en Lindores

It is the main grange (monastic farm) of Lindores Abbey.

This place-name appeared in printed volume 4