East Pitcorthie

East Pitcorthie KRY S NO573074 1 374 67m SEF

terris de Eister Pitcorthie 1548 Retours (Fife) no. 18 [Alexand<er> Inglis of Tarvit; his lands include Caiplie Overton (alias) Thirdpart (Caiplie Ovirtoun Thrid part); Netherton of Caiplie (Nethertoun de Caiplie) with the mill; and the lands of East Pitcorthie]
Eister Pitcorthy 1580 x 1592 RMS v no. 2206 [see Pitcorthie KRY, below, and *Inglistarvit CER, TVX, PNF 2; to be held of the prioress and convent of Haddington]
Eister Pitcorthie 1619 RMS vii no. 1983 [John Scott of Scotstarvit (Scottistarvett) CER, TVX, the toun and lands of East Pitcorthie, formerly held of the prioress and convent of Haddington; see also RMS vii no. 1878 (1618)]
E. Pittcorthy 1642 Gordon MS Fife
Eister Pitcorthie 1650 Retours (Fife) no. 1584 [James Scott of Scotstarvit, the lands of East Pitcorthie and other lands united in the barony of Scotstarvit]
E. Pitcorthy 1654 Blaeu (Gordon) Fife
E. Pitcorthy 1775 Ainslie/Fife
East Pitcorthie 1899 OS 1 inch 2nd edn

Sc east(er) + en Pitcorthie

This place-name appeared in printed volume 3