Kilconquhar Mill Farm
Kilconquhar Mill Farm KCQ S NO481025 1 374 20m WEF
Kilconquhar Mill 1828 SGF
Kilconquhar Mill 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn
en Kilconquhar + SSE mill + SSE farm
This was formerly called *Arnotsmill (Arnets Mill 1775 Ainslie/Fife; Arnetsmill 1827 Ainslie/East Fife). It lies beside OS Pathf. Kilconquhar Burn. The Arnots belonged to the local gentry from at least the mid fifteenth century, and must have controlled this mill for a time. One John of Arnot was given the right to build a water-mill on the lands of Largo in 1451 (RMS ii no. 406; see LAR Introduction). This cannot, however, refer to this mill.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 3