South Kinaldy DNO S NO512092 1 374 160m SEF
Kynnaldy-Suthir 1452 x 1480 RMS ii no. 1444 [‘Kynnaldy-Suthir, Kynnaldy-Northir’ listed amongst St Andrews Church lands]
Sowther Kynnaldye 1590 Retours (Fife) no. 1488 [John Ayton (Aytoun) of Kinaldy (Kynnaldye), the lands of South Kinaldy (Sowther Kynnaldye) and their mill, with astricted multures of Kinaldy South (Kynnaldye Sowther)]
Kynnaldye Sowther 1590 Retours (Fife) no. 1488 [see previous]
the 2 Kinnaldies 1745 Dunino Kirk Session Records fo 401r [‘the 2 Kinnaldies and miln thereof’]
Kenawdy 1753 Roy sheet 19, 5
South Kinaldie 1775 Ainslie/Fife
Upper Kinaldie 1828 SGF
South Kinaldy 1845 NSA ix, 367
South Kinaldie 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn
Sc south + en Kinaldy
The lands of Kinaldy lie in two parishes, DNO and CMN, and have probably done so since medieval times. See Kinaldy CMN for a full discussion of all Kinaldy-names in both parishes.
The farm-house and steading of South Kinaldy was in ruins in April 1999.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 3