Kirklands CRA S NO617088 1 364 35m SEF
terram que dicitur Kircland 1325 RRS v no. 268 [see Grassmiston CRA]
(lands of) Kirklands of Cambow 1489 NLS Adv. 35.4.12 fo 76v [see also Gen. Coll.; David Morton (Myretoun) of Cambo (Cambo) is served heir to his father John Morton (Myretoun) in the lands of Grassmiston (Girsmerstoun) and Kirklands of Cambo, at Cupar]
Kirklands 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn
‘Lands belonging to the Church’. The affix ‘of Cambo’ found in 1489 is purely tenurial, indicating that these lands were no longer held by the Church but by the Cambo family. These lands were also known for some time, at least between 1654 and 1828, as Auld Leas, q.v.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 3