? Newlederney 1753 Roy sheet 18, 1
New Radernie 1775 Ainslie/Fife
? Easter Radernie 1783 Sasines no. 462 [‘part of Easter Radernie called King of the Muirs’; see below]
Easter Radernie 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn
Sc. easter + en Radernie
Originally called New Radernie, it lay on the rough grazing land (muir) in the north-east corner of Radernie, adjacent to Morton (for which see Lathockar CMN). As this name indicates it was the part of the lands of Radernie which was most recently farmed and settled. The 1783 Sasines entry is puzzling, as King of the Muirs, described as part of Easter Radernie, refers to a place beside Peat Inn, at the opposite (western) end of the lands of Radernie. It may thus be a transcription error for Wester or Nether Radernie.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 3