? Clasangasch 1165 x 1172 St A. Lib. 179
? Glasanagastch 1165 x 1172 RRS ii no. 13 [=St A. Lib. 217; sic]
Clash Wood 1888 x 1914 OS 6 inch County Series, 1st revision
en Clash + SSE wood
The name Clash may be a reduced form of the name Clasangasch, one of a list of lands, all described as being beside St Andrews, which Maolsneachda had held from Bishop Richard of St Andrews, and which the bishop then granted to St Andrews Priory (1165 × 1172). For a full list of these lands see Bassaguard SSL. Clash Wood CMN is on the lands of Waterless, part of Priorletham, one of Maolsneachda’s lands. Clasangasch etc. contains G clais + G an + G gasg ‘hollow or ditch of the tail-like ridge’ (clais a’ ghaisg or clais a’ ghasga).
Clash Wood is marked but not named on OS 6 inch 1st edn
This place-name appeared in printed volume 3