Peathill KTT F NO265088 1 40m

Peithill 1580 x 1590 RMS v no. 1788 [See FAL Introduction]
Peithill 1630 RMS viii no. 1528 [pendicle of Wester Lathrisk (Wester Lawthriske) KTT ‘called Peathill and Bowhouse (or a bowhouse) called Nochnary KTT’ (vocat. Peithill et Bowhous vocat. Nochnarie)]
Peithill 1630 RMS viii no. 1528 [‘Peithill et Bowhous vocat. Nochnarie’]
Peat Hill 1775 Ainslie/Fife [shown in FAL]
Peathill 1788 Sasines no. 1856 [‘Redmyre and Peathill’]
Peathill 1799 Sasines no. 5322
Peathill 1828 SGF

Sc peat + Sc hill

The name survives in the field-name ‘Peathill’ on the farm of Nochnary KTT, which supplies the above NGR.[142] The lands of Peathill once included parts of Woodmill farm FAL: this is clear from the following Sasine of 1788, which lists the lands of Peathill, parish of Falkland, as ‘Mingall, Felbloom, Lawson Knows, Boggs with Robin’s Meadow, lintmiln in the Park of Falkland’ (Sasines no. 1856).

This place-name appeared in printed volume 2