Lahill Mains NBN S NO442044 1 374 120m SOF
Lahill Mains 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn
en Lahill + Sc mains
This seems to be a new farm-steading established in the first half of the nineteenth century. The small settlement of Lones is shown on or near the site on Ainslie/Fife (1775) and Ainslie/East Fife (1827), but not even a building is marked here on SGF (1828). The older name contains Sc loan ‘cattle-track through arable land’, indicating that it lay on the access route for live-stock from the southern part of the parish to the hill grazing on the east flank of Largo Law.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 2