Clunecraig # BGY S NT176956 2 100m
(lands of) Clunecraig 1618 RMS viii no. 35 [lands of Clunecraig and Contill, with ‘lie waird-medow’ on the north side of ‘lie Cars-water’ in the barony of Inchegaw]
Cluncraig 1642 Gordon MS Fife
Clun Craig 1654 Blaeu (Gordon) Fife
en Clune + Sc craig
These are the lands on which the former village of North Glencraig was built. The name derives from the small hill shown on OS Pathf. as Clune Craig (see Clune above). The second element of Clunecraig supplied the second element of the name Glencraig.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1