Newwark # KTT S NO3209 3

maneriem de Newwork 1603 x 1611 RMS vii no. 590 [confirmation of sale by Walter Heriot (Harreot) junior feuar of Ramornie (Ramornie) KTT to Christine Sandilands (Sandilandis) his spouse in life rent of ‘his two thirds of the lands of Ballingall KTT, the whole manor-place of Newwark with the parks and wards, with a piece of land lying between the mill lade of Ramornie and the River Eden (and) the lands of Pitrachnie KTT’ (binam suam partem terrarum de Ballingall, integram maneriem de Newwork cum lie parkis et wairdis, cum pecia terre jacente inter aqueductum molendini de Ramorgny et aquam de Edin, terras de Pitrauchie)]
Neuvarck 1654 Blaeu (Pont) East Fife
Newwork 1654 Blaeu (Gordon) Fife [between Pitlessie (Pitlessey) CLT and Ballingall (Balnaga) KTT]
Newwark 1665 RMS xi no. 755 [part of the lands of Ramornie KTT, q.v.]
Newwark 1678 Retours (Fife) no. 1166 [Jean Heriot spouse of John Craig, ‘that part of Ramornie caled Newwark’ (illa parte terrarum de Ramorney nuncupata Newwark); see Ramornie KTT for further details]

Sc new + Sc wark

‘New work, new building’; part of the lands of Ramornie, it was in fact the manor-place of the estate (see 1603 entry).

This place-name appeared in printed volume 2