Brunton Barns

Brunton Barns KWY S NO306021 1 373 90m SOF

? Braes 1775 Ainslie/Fife
Farm 1805 RHP3263 [‘Estate of Barnslee’]
Barnslee 1828 SGF
The Barns 1850s OS Name Book 93, 10
The Barns 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn
North Barnslee 1865 RHP4460 [‘Estate of Barnslee’]
The Barns 1897 OS 1 inch 2nd edn

en Brunton + SSE barns

The parish boundary separates it from Brunton House MAI, for which see Brunton MAI. On OS 6 inch 1st edn Brunton Barns is called simply The Barns, while Brunton House is called Barnslee, a name later applied to a house on the other side of the Back Burn, formerly known as Backside MAI (see table under Brunton MAI, below). Brunton Barns is at or near the settlement which on Ainsle/Fife and Ainslie/East Fife appears as Braes (shown on both maps as being in MAI).

This place-name appeared in printed volume 2