Milton Of Blebo

Milton Of Blebo KMB S NO419139 1 363 75m NEF

Myltoun de Blebo 1641 RMS ix no. 1027 [‘lands of Milton of Blebo with the south mill of Blebo (called) the Whitemill’ (terras de Myltoun de Blebo, cum australi molendino de Blebo lie Quhytmilne)]
terris de Milntoun de Blebo 1642 Retours (Fife) no. 626 [Col. William Sibbald]
lands of Mylnetoune of Blebo 1657 Retours (Fife) no. 872 [‘lands of Mylnetoune of Blebo, with the south-mylne of Blebo callit Quhyt-myllne’]
Milltown 1775 Ainslie/Fife
Milntown of Blebo 1794 Sasines no. 3782 [‘Milntown of Blebo with South Miln of Blebo called the Whitemiln’]
Milton of Blebo 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn [also Blebo Mills at NO416142]

Sc milntoun + en Blebo

The mill associated with Milton was ‘the southern mill of Blebo’ (australi molendino de Blebo) called the White Mill (lie Quhytmilne), while a north mill was associated with Balreuchie # KMB and was called ‘the Grain Mill’ (molendino granorum), as attested in 1641 and again in 1657 in the above entries. See Blebo Mill KMB above for further discussion of the mills of Blebo.

This place-name appeared in printed volume 2