Flisk KMB S NO429159 1 125m
Flisk 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn [= OS Pathf. North Flisk]
South Flisk 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn
As there is no trace of this name before the mid-nineteenth century, it may well be a transferred name from Flisk (parish) on the north coast of Fife. Alternatively, it may be from Sc flash, flask ‘pool, marshy place’ (see Flass FGN, PNF 4), becoming Flisk under the influence of the north Fife parish-name: OS Pathf. shows two well-sites between North Flisk and South Flisk, one site with one well (indicated by W), the other site with more than one (indicated by Ws). It also shows four ponds in the field immediately north of South Flisk.
OS Pathf. North Flisk appears on the 1856 OS map as Flisk, and this provides the above NGR. South Flisk (1856) is still shown on OS Pathf. at NO431158 but not named on that map. OS Pathf. also shows Flisk Quarry.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 2