Wemyss Hall Mains
Wemyss Hall Mains 1888 x 1914 OS 6 inch County Series, 1st revision
en Wemyss Hall + SSE mains
The eponymous Wemyss Hall (CUP, TVX), formerly called *Wemyss Tarvit (see PNF 4), and now called Hill of Tarvit, lies 600 m to the north-west and was named after the Wemyss family, who had held part of the lands of Tarvit since at least the early 1300s (see Fraser, Wemyss no. 5). It also gives its name to Wemysshall Road CER (OS Pathf.).
The lands of Wemyss Hall Mains were formerly known as Kingarroch, q.v.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 2